Hi to all of you.
Not long until Christmas now and the teeny tiny poppets are becoming excited already. At the shops we inspect all the tinsel, push the buttons on all the singing toys (the ones mummy-scrooge won't allow into the house due to the expense of purchasing valium), ogle the trains/merry-go-rounds/dancing people/maypoles that move and play music and sing.
It's all there and they love it.
But not Santa.
Lily will not sit on his knee and does not even want him to look or smile at her when she saunters past.
Apparantly I have to inform Santa of this...
We are also, at nearly 5, wondering about what will be delivered beneath the tree on Christmas morning.
She is filling Hugo in on the finer details regarding what Santa and the reindeer eat, how they are making the toys at his house and exactly which coloured tinsel she will be hanging on the tree.
I have had afew questions about making a list or letting people know what the poppets want/need and I have been reluctant to be so open, but after many enquiries I thought I'd post afew ideas here and whatever the poppets receive they will be truly grateful for!
Bernie and myself are Santa is trying to include some items that are a bit open-ended and educational as we will be home next year and need stimulation.
So here we go:
* Craft supplies: this entails stickers/crayons/pasting stuff etc.
* Books. Always books.
* Musical instruments. We really do have the most amazing jam sessions. Some instruments we don't have are: a cabassa/woodblocks/ukelele/castanets/cymbals...
* dress ups, we are always dressed up.
* Sandpit stuff
* Shortie pajamas, a more practical solution; I have bought some already as the poppets are actually growing up and nothing fits.
* Hair stuff/ necklaces/ bracelets/ ribbons (for both children who love to decorate themselves)
* Money for Thailand; both children have a moneybox going for our holiday next year.
* And whatever else you think they might love. I will include some links to things I have on my favourite list on etsy.com, a place I shop all the time.
Or there are a zillion other things here as well, just do a search it's a one stop shop for all things wonderful and handmade.
I hope no offence is taken on this post, but feel free to ignore the words and enjoy our photos.
Or it may help you out for any presents you need to buy for anybody.