We have had another fun and busy week, although this week i have been feeling pretty shabby with a head cold, but feeling a bit better today
Lily received a new little toddler table and chairs which is very cute and she just loves. She climbs on and off it a million times a day and when she needs help yells out 'up' or 'down'. It is very cute as she sometimes gets these confused in her excitement or frustration and yells 'down' when she is trying to climb up... the complicated world of a toddler!
Eating toast, taking bites, like daddy instead of mummy cutting it up
Lily has taken a single step a couple of times this week and Wednesday night took three steps in a row but refused to do it again. So I think she is becoming more confident. She also walk along only holding one hand now instead of searching for the second one too. I think finally working out how to 'brrrm' her little bike has helped. Bernie brought it inside as it's been a bit cold and so she hops on and stands up and walks around on that just holding the handlebars. her little bottom doesn't sit on the seat even, she just wanders around the entire house thinking she is pretty cool. To do this if she hasn't got her shoes on she goes and finds them and hands them to me as she can go faster with the grip!
i am soooo cool
She is becoming obsessed with shoes as well
(i really don't know who she gets that from!)
and not a day goes by when I can find two of my shoes still somewhere together. She gets in the shoe cupboard and tries them all on, when i have a shower she has to wear my ugg boots, and even daddy's shoes are fair game.
Do they make them in pink?
We are buying a ride on mower this weekend which is a bit exciting(?) as the plans and final finance were all approved and now we are just waiting for the all clear to start the cut and fill. So we thought that as the block is covered in waist high grass/weeds we should do something about it. so this weekend we will be out riding on the ride on mower to level it all.
just like daddy
Anyway will sign off now as I need to go and eat lunch.
we had mother's day which was ok but lily had gastro vomiting for two days, poor little munchkin.
she felt better tuesday afternoon and started to eat stuff like avocado on toast and pasta and some apple.
then tuesday night she was unsettled and we ended up in hospital with lily having a temperature of 39.5-39.8
they kept her in until about 4.30am just to check on her and took urine samples etc.
but she is now (fingers crossed) feeling a million bucks and slept much better (thank the lord!!) last night.
all our plans have been approved in council so now we are just finalising paperwork with finance/council/building and all will be GO GO GO!
the latest date they will start will be 24 June, but if all goes well it will be before then
I actually can't believe it's going to happen.
this morning telling mummy a story about her picture we made yesterday at playgroup
some things you may or may not know about lily...
1. her favourite fruit is kiwi fruit (winter) and blueberries (summer) followed by apple, which she calls app.
2. lily plays the piano every day.
3. she calls her dummy 'A' and has done since i can remember
4. she loves to dance to cat empire and il divo, also quite like some michael jackson (?)
5. her absolute fave food would be thai fried rice
6. she has been on an aeroplane 6 times (and a chopper once)
7. she was born at 3.06am
8. she is off the chart in height; 86cm at 15 months
9. she loves to paint and draw and when they hang on the fridge she talks to her pictures every day and tells anyone who will listen all about them in little stories that can go on for more than 5 minutes
10. she loves to 'catch' faxes as they come through
11. all her pictures are 'for daddy'
12. she totally loves to play outside and picks lemons and limes from our trees, drives her truck, crunches the autumn leaves, picks flowers, looks at they sky on her back on the grass, pushes her cart around the yard, weeds like daddy (but actually pulls out plants but shhhh daddy doesn't know that), loves to wash the car, water the garden, and generally get absolutely putrid while playing and climbing on anything she is able to.
well i really have to sign off today as i have a little helper on my knee and she has a penchant to push a button that deletes everything...
toowoomba is looking gorgeous at the moment with all the leaves turning golden and falling from the trees.
lily and i have been having fun throwing them everywhere and making cool scrunching noises in the yard.
we had a lovely time at Rachelle and Andrew's wedding last weekend, it was a whirlwind but just fantastic and Rachelle looked stunning in one of the most lush wedding dresses i've ever seen.
They are off in Tasmania for their honeymoon so i hope they are enjoying each other.
pumpkins from our block, yum!
my little maestro; we play piano every day and it has to be with two hands
nothing much on the house front, plans still in at council.
i am getting a sewing machine for mother's day, to the amusement of some, but i am excited about being creative in a practical manner and look forward to learning more and actually being able to create custom stuff.
i have also bought knitting needles......
at the park
we are off to brisbane today to see Nagua and Absalom at southbank.
so i am hurrying to do this as i want to go into the city first and get afew things.